The School of Nursing and Midwifery of the University of Health and Allied Sciences has an Access Course programme that enables General Nurses, Midwives, Public Health Nurses, Mental Health Nurses, and Community Health Nurses who already hold certificates or diplomas to enroll in degree programmes (Sandwich) of the university. The entry point starts from 100/200.
Available programmes are:
• Bachelor of Nursing
• Bachelor of Midwifery
• Bachelor of Public Health Nursing
• All applicants MUST hold a certificate accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council, Ghana
• Applicants MUST hold a certificate(s) in any of the following: Community Health Nursing, Public Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing or HATS Certificate (EN), Midwifery certificate Post – CHN and Post – EN and Post HAC Midwifery
• Applicants MUST have practiced in their chosen fields for three (3) years or more.
• A holder of a diploma from a Ministry of Health Training Institution with a final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of 2.00 or better may apply.
• Crossing over from one programme to another (e.g. General Nursing, Public Health Nursing, and Midwifery) is allowed but the point of entry is Level 100 instead of Level 200.
• Health Assistant (Clinical) (HAC) / Nurse Assistant (Clinical) (NAC) applicants will progress in the General Nursing programme and write the Licensing Examination as Registered General Nursing (RGN). The entry point is Level 200.
• Community Health Nurse (CHN) / Nurse Assistant (Preventive) (NAP) applicants will progress in Public Health Nursing programme and write the Licensing Examination as Registered Community Nursing (RCN). The entry point should be at Level 200.
• Applicants should upload a scanned copy of their Auxiliary Identification Card showing the Auxiliary Identification Number (AIN) instead of their transcript.
For more inquiries, call +(233) 245-125-359.