For nurses and midwives seeking to travel abroad to work, it is necessary for the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana to confirm that you are duly a certified nurse or midwife with a valid license. This article intends to guide you through the process of making payment and submitting your pay-in-slip.
Before you make payment for the verification, make sure you have received clearance from the Ministry of Health. For those who have gone through the clearance process, the approved clearance form will be given to you or will be sent by the Ministry to the Nursing and Midwifery Council. If you are given the clearance form, make sure you carry it along to the NMC.
- The initial foreign verification cost a total of GHC550. Go to any ADB bank and pick up their deposit slip. This will be used for the payment.
- Fill the section “Customer name” with “Nursing and Midwifery Council” and the Account number section with your own PIN.
- Make sure you write on the top of the Deposit forms “Foreign Verification” and on the left upper side, your NMC Registration Number.
- Fill in the rest of the deposit form as in the picture below:
- Submit to the counter to make the payment. You will be given a copy of the payment slip and a printout which you will submit to the Nursing and Midwifery Council.