A first-year female student of the Mampong Nursing and Midwifery Training School in the Ashanti region died as a result of taking a poisonous substance believed to be DDT.
The 21-year-old student, Bertha Frimpong was found in bed screaming with foam coming out of her mouth around 1:00 am on thursday by her colleagues and confirmed to them she has taken poison.
She was rushed the Mampong Government Hospital but later referred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) where she died.
According to the Police, Bertha Frimpong applied for Registered General Nursing programme but was offered Nursing Assistant Clinical instead. As a result, she became depressed and committed suicide.