The Youth Employment Agency (YEA) is partnering with the Ghana Health Service to roll out the Community Health Workers Programme(CHW) in line with Regulation 1(b) of the Youth Employment Agency Regulation 2016 (L.l. 2231).
According to the YEA, the CHW Programme seeks to augment the community health workforce to improve access to health services in rural communities and contribute to achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and responding to COVID-19. The Youth Employment Agency will engage beneficiaries under the programme to work closely with the Ghana Health Service at the community level. Successful applicants will be posted strictly to the communities they reside.
- Persons within the ages of 18-35 years (females are encouraged to apply)
- Minimum qualification of Senior High School education with passes in English and Mathematics.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and at least one local language.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) a smartphone.
- Only short-listed applicants who successfully complete the CHW training programme will be engaged.
ROLE OF THE COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERS
The Community Health Worker is not a health professional, but a person recruited by the YEA from the community within which he/she lives and has been given basic orientation to serve as a service delivery bridge between the respective communities and service delivery points thereby facilitating the work of Community Health Nurses, Community Health Officers, and midwives in the various communities.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application is free and interested applicants must apply through www.yea.gov.gh. The deadline for application is 28th September 2022.